Friday, April 22, 2011

It Takes Courage

As I contemplate how to go forward with my blog, I realize that it takes courage to speak out, it takes courage to share our story/LifeLine and it takes courage to think that our story/LifeLine is even worth sharing.

I believe that we all have a story and that every story counts. It doesn't have to be something big and earthshaking (although some are). What is important is for us to start to share so that we spread the concept that regardless of where we live on the planet, there is far more that unites us than divides us. As we see that we all face the same challenges, it is my vision that in some way, this blog will contribute to peace and a greater understanding of other cultures. The first step is to share something about ourselves. We have no idea how a simple share might be of help to someone else. How often has someone said something to you and unbeknownst to them, it helped you in some way?

It may be a few lines; it may be a paragraph, or two; or it may be a page. It might be an article you read that moved you, or a quote that resonated. The size and length of our LifeLine is far less important than the reaching out to each other.

I invite you to share. And to join me in the creation of an online global community.

No comments: